It is the aim of the Liberty rehabilitation department to nurture and facilitate an individual’s desire in achieving freedom from their addiction to drugs/alcohol. This rehabilitation happens through care-plan development, community detoxification support, one-to-one key-working.
Daily structure occurs through practical work experience, 4 hours each day for participants on either a morning shift (9.30am -1.30pm) or afternoon shift (1pm- 5 pm).
Training is done through QQI-accredited modules in such modules as Literacy, Communications, Maths, Computers and Career Preparation at levels 3 & 4. External training often includes; Forklift training, Safe-Pass, Manual Handling and Emergency First Aid.
In 2010 the rehabilitation programme was restructured to provide a more recovery based model enabling people to reduce and eliminate their medication over time.
Liberty Recycling aims to provide a safe and therapeutic environment for people with the rehabilitation supports needed to remain free of illicit drug use and the opportunity to work towards a drug/alcohol free lifestyle including detoxification from methadone and benzodiazepines. The use of a therapeutic workplace to enhance recovery and develop learning with skill acquisition, is an innovative strategy.
Liberty is the only project in the country that provides rehabilitation, training and practical work experience all within a supportive environment.
The rehabilitation programme accepts referrals from across Dublin. Over 75% of trainees are affected by drugs and alcohol. They are participating in the rehabilitation programme with the aim of becoming drugs and alcohol free.
If you are interested or know someone who might benefit from our services, please feel free to contact us.
- 46 participants, 36 of whom are in recovery from drugs and alcohol, and who require support around their addiction.
- The majority of participants are stable on prescribed medicine such as methadone and benzodiazepines.
- Our position is to support people achieve their goals that they set out in their care-plan with their key-worker using community detoxification protocols.
- A number of participants have successfully completed residential treatment programmes and continue to maintain a drug-free lifestyle.
- The project has a 70% retention rate, and we feel this is due to our uniqueness and what we offer in the company.
Liberty Recycling took part in the National Rehabilitation pilot hosted by the Ballyfermot Drugs Task Force.